When we think of summer, we think barbecues, bonfires, beaches and being out on the water!
While boats and other watercrafts are big investments, during those hot Indiana summer days they can be worth it! And whether you’re taking a leisurely cruise on your pontoon, a quick trip on your speed boat, or a zip around the lake on your jet ski, Farmers Insurance – Jenna Isch wants to make sure that both you and your passengers are properly insured and know the Boating Safety Tips to keep you as safe as possible!
- Be Weather-Wise: Always check the local weather conditions before departure. If you notice darkening clouds, changing winds or sudden drops in temperature, play it safe by getting off the water.
- Use Common Sense: Operate at a safe speed at all times, steer clear of large vessels, be respectful of buoys and navigational aids, and stay alert.
- Make Proper Use of Lifejackets: Make sure that you assign and fit each member of your onboard team with a life jacket prior to departure. Then wear it!
- Avoid Alcohol: The probability of being involved in a boating accident doubles when alcohol is involved, so save the party for later!
- Learn to Swim: If you’re going to be in and around the water, proper boating safety includes knowing how to swim. Don’t rely on life jackets to do this for you!
We offer a variety of industry-leading boat insurance packages, to give you more choices and options in the simplest way possible. Because that’s what Farmers is all about – making sure we’ve got YOU covered.
Have we convinced you yet to go out and buy that boat you’ve been wanting? Good. But make sure to call Jenna and our staff at 765-838-2781 before you buy to makes sure you’re all covered before you drive away with your new toy. We know you’ll be glad you did.